Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Touchpoint Conference and wondering about the Perfect Balance...

This past Thursday and Friday Jana and I were able to attend the Touchpoint Conference put on by Start up Princess. It is a conference for women in business that offers workshops and networking. We were lucky enough to be finalists in the video competition (Thanks to Clay:)
I loved attending the conference and meeting some really amazing women. There were so many people that had accomplished so many great things in business. The experience left me with with a lot of ambition and also a lot to think about. I loved being inspired and feeling like, "I can do this! We can make Opal Never Shouts succeed!" It also made me realize that I need to figure out where I want to end up. I don't really think that I want to be a huge success in business. I don't want the stress of it all, I don't want to commit the time that it takes and I don't want to sacrifice maybe as much as you have to. The last year, working at a design company, I really had my eyes opened to what I do not want to become. I saw priorities completely skewed and it was a huge lesson on what is important in life.
I want to be my definition of successful. I want to make Opal Never Shouts part of my life, not my entire life. I hope that it can grow big enough to give us a lot of fun projects, that I can continue to pursue my passion for design, and make a little money to travel.
Anyway, I absolutely loved attending Touchpoint and am excited to keep pushing our little design company. We made a few connections that will hopefully lead to a few new projects:)

2 comments:

Amie said...

Well put Jen!:) I totally agree about the work experience. I'm glad to see you're doing good. My goal is to have my own business up and running by January 1st. Wish me luck. And thanks for being my inspiration:)

Mrs. Olsen said...

You are wise Jen. You have exciting opportunities ahead, but balance is always the key. Good luck!