Thursday, September 18, 2008

A NEW CAR!

So I am a little behind in saying that I have a new car. It is a bit of an upgrade from my 1998 Toyota Corolla. Introducing... the 2007 Honda Civic. I actually decided on the car without even driving it, I was at work when my dad called and told me he just drove a great car that was a really good price. He told me it was such a great deal that I had to decide right then if I wanted it. Talk about a little pressure!!! The decision was extremely stressful, all ten minutes of it. But, I called him back and said, "I guess I will have it." The very next day we drove to Orem and picked up the car. After a few hours of extremely deep cleaning, inside and out, the car was perfect! The first few days it did not feel like my car at all. I drive old cars, not new ones. It took me a few days to get used to tinted windows too, it is tougher to see out the back. I think the funniest moment was me on the freeway trying to figure out how to turn the lights on. People must have wondered what was going on...dark....brights....off...brights again...oh, finally normal. I had my old car for a little over a week and yesterday afternoon I turned the keys over. It was a strange moment, seeing the little car I drove for 6 years drive away with a new owner. I guess I can see it driving every now and then, since our friend and neighbor bought it.

1 comment:

Britton said...

Your top picture looks like a car commercial. I'm jealous of your new car!