Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Intern

Some call it shopping, but i would have to go with hard work. This is the D&D, 18 floors of which I spend most of my day. From chairs to sofas, chintz to silk, rugs and lights, they have it all and more- 75 showrooms full of expensive things to buy. In the D&D you wait an hour for an elevator, 3 hours for fabric samples, and only have 2 minutes in the office before you are sent back to spend the next five hours doing the same thing. I have started making friends and have become a regular- Hertsy is in Scalemandre, Francesca can be found in AM, Danny works in Pollack, and you can't go a day without visiting Jose in Lee Jofa while munching on complimentary pastries and water. You might say I have the perfect job, but don't be fooled. Today I heard a great quote that I will try to apply as I am The Intern. "Remember that the fly on the wall who says nothing knows everything through observation."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen! It sounds like great fun there in New York! Hope you're doing well and having great adventures!