Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Road Trip

This weekend we took a road trip to Washington DC! The five of us packed into a rental car and took the 4 hour drive to Virginia. We got lost for about three hours in New Jersey until we were able to pick up Darrin who had the GPS. I think the people of New Jersey need a little work on their street signs. In just two short days we were able to do so much- the Smithsonian, the Memorials, Arlington Cemetary, the DC Temple and the countryside of Virginia and famous designer - Mr. Barry Dixon's estate. I think Virginia is such a gorgeous state! There are trees everywhere and the houses are so historical and picturesque. I haven't been to DC in years, yet it was amazing how familiar everything was and how much I remembered from last time. One of my favorite memorials is the FDR Memorial, it is full of quotes from his life and his many speeches, one quote that I loved says, " The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be out doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith." -FDR

No comments: